Saturday, November 11, 2017
The Stone Mill Photography Workshop provides an opportunity to explore and photograph an architectural icon of America’s Industrial Revolution. Its stone construction and slate roof make it unique among the surviving mills in Lawrence. In this workshop we will also have access to the Everett Mill and its classic stairwells.
In the morning, you will be treated to access to these two historic mills. Steven Perlmutter and Robert Lussier will guide you through the stairwells, open spaces and funky corners of these two historic buildings, as well as exploring the exterior from various angles. You can choose to shoot on your own, or receive individual instruction along the way.
- Setting Quality: JPEG vs. RAW
- Making ISO, Aperture, & Shutter Speed settings understandable
- Getting the right exposure
- Shooting brackets: The how and why
In the afternoon, you’ll have the option to continue photographing this unique space, or retreat to the classroom for
- Adobe Lightroom
- File management
- Processing RAW files (in Lightroom and Adobe Raw)
- High Dynamic Range processing demo
Lunch will be served.